FANZ Conference returns to Auckland
This year’s FANZ conference returns to Auckland after an absence of five years and will be held at the Waipuna Hotel and Conference Centre, Mount Wellington, on Friday 5th and Saturday 6th July. For FANZ Members, the Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday morning 7th July.
The New Zealand Franchising Conference is fast approaching and this year’s conference is all about acquiring knowledge to boost your franchise business. The event hit great heights last year in the Bay of Islands, with an outstanding array of key speakers – the benchmark for this year is set even higher. A key change in this year’s format will be the inclusion of a greater selection of workshop ‘break outs’. These workshops will take place in both morning and afternoon sessions and will not only introduce several additional speakers and key topics to the event, but also lend themselves to providing more time for idea sharing amongst participants – a key attraction for a Conferences of this nature. Several of the workshops will be particularly relevant for franchisor support staff and one workshop on both afternoons is specifically designed for potential franchisees to come and hear from experts and raise questions about the practical considerations they need to make.
The choice of Auckland this year as the regional host also allows greater access to this event for a wider audience within the franchise sector. Long-time supporter of the franchising industry – Waipuna Hotel and Conference Centre - is already busy ensuring that the venue, quality of hosting and event are made as memorable as possible. Extraspecial room rates are available to registered conference attendees.
While the final schedule of speakers is still not fully finalised – some of the ‘line up’ includes:
• Mike Goddard – owner of Belvoir Lettings (UK) and Past Chairman of the European Franchise Federation
• Derek Lilly – owner of Dream Doors (NZ) Ltd, who brought his franchise over from the UK
• Sara Pantaleo – owner of La Porchetta both in New Zealand and Australia
• David McCulloch – one of our very own Life Members and founder of the Arano Juice franchise
• Dr Michael Schaper - Deputy Chair of the ACCC with special focus on franchises and the SME sector
• Karli Furmage - CEO of the Franchise Relationships Institute
• John Shackleton – international business performance speaker
Workshops and Panel discussions will cover topics such as:
• How to select the best franchisees
• Ten habits of effective Field Consultants
• How to get the best out of site locations
• Making the most of your marketing budget
• The Cloud and Social Marketing – is it all fog??
• Potential Franchisees – what you need to know and ask
The social aspects of a great Conference are also receiving the focus they deserve – ensuring that the event has all the threads of enjoyment during the evening as well as during each day.
For further information and registration see the FANZ web site at: