7-Eleven Australia Celebrates its Supplier Partners
7-Eleven Australia has celebrated the contribution of its suppliers to the company’s growth and transformation at an awards ceremony held in Melbourne on Tuesday.
According to 7-Eleven Chief Executive Officer, Angus McKay, suppliers have made a significant contribution to the company’s ongoing success.
“As a business we are in a time of accelerated transformation and strong growth. We are investing in innovation and store formats, and are working hard with our store teams to deliver the highest standards in every store in our network,” Mr McKay said.
“The support of our suppliers is integral to what we have been able to achieve. Together with our suppliers we are the largest and fastest growing convenience retailer in Australia, on track to open more than 40 new stores this year, achieved 5% growth in like store customer transactions, and our best ever Net Promoter Scores. Our suppliers’ contribution has helped us to bring new services and products to our offer which help our customers to get more out of every day.”
Mr McKay said that the supplier award winners recognised at the event had made a tremendous contribution to 7-Eleven’s success in 2017.
“The efforts of the nominees and winners we have recognised today are particularly praiseworthy, exemplifying our guiding principles of simpler for stores, better for customers. They have my congratulations and thanks for their extraordinary efforts.”
“On behalf of the entire 7-Eleven team, including our store teams, I’d like to thank all of our suppliers for the part they have played in our success in 2017. I am excited about the transformation and growth we will be able to achieve with their support in the years ahead,” Mr McKay concluded.
2017 7-Eleven supplier award winners:
- Supplier of the year – Azura Fresh
- Account manager of the year - Nick Avram, Smith’s; Tim Gardiner and Theo Kavouris, National Australia Bank
- Best new product launch - Parmalat for Oak Blue Heaven
- Best new product launch, 7-Eleven product – Lion Dairy and Drinks for 7-Eleven Juice
- Customer experience - Active Display for Krispy Kreme with Nutella in-store activation
- Supply chain excellence – Toll Global Logistics (WA)
- Outstanding service - Interior Plaster Services
- Innovative thinking - Bells Ice for 7-Eleven Iced Coffee
- Sustainable and ethical excellence - Patricia Edwards, Australian Charities Fund