Celebrations for Just Cuts: 200 salons and 27 years in business
From Friday September 15 to Sunday September 17, Just Cuts will be kicking it back to the year the brand began – 1990 – with celebrations in salons Australia and New Zealand wide to celebrate the opening of 200 franchises across 27 years of business.
Stylists will don custom made, retro Just Cuts visors, fashion that was all the rage in the nineties, plus big hair to boot to create a unique and exciting visit for all Clients who walk through the salon doors.
“This is such a huge milestone for our brand and we couldn’t be prouder. This is really about celebrating our loyal Clients and tireless Franchise Owners and Stylists who we couldn’t have done this without”, says Just Cuts CEO and Founder, Denis McFadden. “And we’d also like to thank our first ever Franchise Owners, Leigh-Anne and Greg Brosens who opened Just Cuts Engadine, NSW, in 1990 and still own the salon today!”
“Australians have grown up with Just Cuts, visiting as children for our complimentary baby’s first haircut. And these very Clients now bring their own kids in! There’s no doubt we’re in the business for the long haul”, he added.
Just Cuts is proudly Australian owned, is the largest and most successful hairdressing company in the Southern Hemisphere and employs over 2,500 qualified hairdressers. This year alone, they opened their 200th salon in Mandurah, WA, as well as a $3 million warehouse and international distribution centre in Caringbah, NSW. They also bought back the Just Cuts New Zealand Master Franchise, amalgamating both countries under the Academy Head Office Team in Sydney. It’s a far cry from humble beginnings as a salon run out of a garage in the Sutherland Shire before the first official salon opened in 1990.
Here are a few more amazing achievements and contributions to the hairdressing industry that Just Cuts are proud to share:
- Just Cuts was founded in 1990 on a fixed price, no appointment system which changed the hairdressing business model and entire industry completely
- Just Cuts partnered with the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia in 1998 and has raised over $400,000 for the cause through various fundraising initiatives and in-salon donation boxes since
- Just Cuts was the official hairdresser of the Sydney 2000 Olympics
- The exclusive haircare and styling range, JUSTICE Professional, was launched in 2013 and has seen 40% year on year growth since
- Just Cuts CEO and Founder, Denis McFadden, was inducted into Franchising Hall of Fame in 2013
- Just Cuts set a new Guinness World Record for the most number of haircuts conducted in eight hours for the Wesley Mission event, Wesley Haircut for Homelessness, to raise awareness about the issue of homelessness during Homeless Person’ Week in 2013
- A $3 million JUSTICE Professional warehouse and international distribution centre was opened by Treasurer the Hon. Scott Morrison MP in May 2017
- Just Cuts Franchising was named in IBISWorld’s Top 500 private companies in 2015 and 2017
- And here are some quick stats about Just Cuts Franchise Owners and Clients:
- 53% of Just Cuts Franchise Owners own more than one salon
- 37% of Just Cuts Franchise Owners are women
- Across the 200 salons, they see 100,000 Clients per week
- Just Cuts offer Franchise Owners increased flexibility and work-life balance – the average Just Cuts™ Franchise Owner spends less than 30 hours working on their business