The Coffee Club names nation’s top performing cafes at annual awards event
Australia’s largest home-grown cafe group, The Coffee Club, have announced the winners of its 2014 awards, an annual event celebrating outstanding achievement and excellence across the country. The awards were presented to the high-performing franchisees, managers and stores during the company’s conference.
The Coffee Club recognised its top stores across six categories on a national level. Each category was judged on a range of criteria including: understanding of and commitment to the business, customer service and embracing and exemplifying The Coffee Club’s ethos of Good Food, Great Service and Excellent Coffee.
The national winners were as follows:
- Single-Site Franchise Store of the Year; The Coffee Club Taigum, Gary and Mary Bubb
- Multi-Site Franchise Store of the Year; The Coffee Club Perth, Evelynn and Scott Chatfield
- New Franchise Store of the Year; The Coffee Club Buderim, Susanne and Darren Hobbs
- Operational Excellence Award; The Coffee Club Homeworld Helensvale, Katrina Lazari and Suellen Russell
- Sales Excellence Award; The Coffee Club Airlie Beach, Carolyn and David McManus
- People Excellence Award; The Coffee Club Loganholme, Kellie and Marco Patane
The Coffee Club Director John Lazarou said: “The contribution of our store owners, managers, chefs, baristas and staff is paramount to each store’s continued success and position within their local communities. We are committed to providing good food, great service and excellent coffee to all of our customers and are passionate about creating a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for families and coffee-lovers across the country. We have some fantastic people running our stores and I’d like to congratulate all of our winners and thank them for the hard work they continue to put in on a daily basis. Bring on next year!”
Last year, The Coffee Club served 50 million cups of coffee and proudly employs more than 6,000 people nationally. The Coffee Club is open seven days a week with varying trading hours across Australia, depending on location.
About The Coffee Club
Since opening its doors in Brisbane in 1989, The Coffee Club has become Australia’s largest home-grown café group with more than 330 stores across seven countries. In 2008, hospitality and leisure company Minor International took a 50 per cent stake in The Coffee Club, fuelling international growth of the Australian brand. The Coffee Club prides itself on Good Food, Great Service and Excellent Coffee and is well-known for its famous all day breakfast.