Mr Rental takes franchisees to new heights
The Mr Rental Bendigo and Ballarat franchisee was a top performer at the annual Mr Rental Franchise Excellence Awards held on Friday night (6 March) taking out the 2015 Franchisee of the Year Australia accolade.
Garnet Dean who operates the Mr Rental Bendigo store at 80B Garsed Street and Mr Rental Ballarat at 886 Humffray Street, accepted the prize at the gala dinner held at Q1’s Skypoint on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
The New Zealand 2015 Franchisee of the Year Award was presented to John Beckley from Mr Rental Invercargill.
The awards evening marked the conclusion of the franchise group’s two-day annual conference, which was attended by around 150 franchisees, support office team members and business partners from across Australia and New Zealand.
Franchisees were judged on a number of criteria including customer service, sales performance and business reviews conducted throughout the year.
Mr Rental CEO, James Nixon-Smith congratulated the franchisee award recipients on their outstanding performance.
“Our franchisees went above and beyond for their customers and local community in 2014 and their efforts have been rewarded,” Mr Nixon-Smith said.
“We are extremely proud of our franchisees’ achievements and look forward to their success in the year ahead.”
The annual Mr Rental Excellence Awards celebrate the hard work of franchisees and team members across both New Zealand and Australia.
“It is an opportunity for us to recognise the efforts of our top franchisees and team members who have achieved strong results throughout the year,” Mr Nixon-Smith said.
“It is important for us to reward those who have put their best foot forward and continually strive to provide exceptional customer service and leadership in our network, shown dedication to growing the brand and demonstrated outstanding commitment to their local community.”
Mr Rental co-founders Kerrianne and Glen Hickman, who began the company in 1991 before it franchised in 2001, hosted the event held at Surfers Paradise.
2015 Mr Rental Excellence Award winners: Australia
• Franchisee of the Year: Garnet Dean, Mr Rental Bendigo and Ballarat
• Best New Store: Mr Rental Wodonga, Tony Gyoles
• Most Improved Franchise Store: Mr Rental Armadale and Fremantle, Andrew Sloan
• Operational Excellence: Mr Rental Geraldton, Mick Caddy
• National Marketing Award: Mr Rental Rockingham, Kier and Sam Forsyth
2015 Mr Rental Excellence Award winners: New Zealand
• Franchisee of the Year: Mr Rental Invercargill, John Beckley
• Best New Store: Mr Rental Wellington, Karen and Jeff Ryan
• Most Improved Franchise Store: Mr Rental Tauranga, Stephen Warne
• Operational Excellence: Mr Rental Invercargill, John Beckley
• National Marketing Award: Mr Rental Auckland South, Joseph and Jackie Cooper
A franchise group servicing all regions of Australia and New Zealand, Mr Rental offers a wide range of technology, furniture, white goods and fitness equipment for home, lifestyle or business. For more information about Mr Rental, visit http://www.mrrental.com.au or call 1800 880 778.